March 12, 2013
Recipe Courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Meals in Minutes by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010).
1 jar Manischewitz® Mediterranean Gefilte Fish
½ cup diced red bell pepper
1 small red onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1½ cup mayonnaise, divided
4 tablespoons chopped dill
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup coarsely crushed Manischewitz® Mediterranean Matzos
1 cup canola oil
1 lemon, juiced
4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 20+ 30 minutes chill time
Ready time: 30 min
1. In a large bowl combine Manischewitz® Mediterranean Gefilte Fish, peppers, onions, celery, ½ cup mayonnaise, dill, salt, pepper, egg and Manischewitz ® Mediterranean Matzos and stir well to combine.
2. Using slightly wet hands, scoop ¼ cup and form into patties.
3. Place on a sheet pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes before frying.
4. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
5. Fry patties in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. (Can be kept warm in the oven at 250° F.)
6. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup mayonnaise, lemon juice and horseradish and stir.
7. To serve, plate 2 cakes on a small plate and garnish with a tablespoon of horseradish sauce.