14-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained and dried in a kitchen towel
1 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and discarded (or slice and saute them with garlic – they’re surprisingly delicious!), cut into bite-sized florets
Extra virgin olive oil
Coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon seeded mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped Italian Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2. Toss the chickpeas and cauliflower together in a large roasting pan
3 tablespoons of olive oil and a big pinch of salt. Roast, stirring now and then, until everything is dark and the cauliflower is quite soft, about 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the mustards, vinegar, and 1/4 cup of olive oil with a big pinch of salt and a few healthy grinds of black pepper.
4. While the chickpeas and cauliflower are still warm, toss them with the mustard dressing and the parsley.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Posted in Side Dishes
Tags: cauliflower, chickpeas, mustard, olive oil, parsley, sea salt, vinegar